The Newton Parking Authority is devoted to the betterment of the Town of Newton by providing a public parking system that is well maintained, clean, safe, and affordable and serves the best interest of the its patrons, town residents and business community.
Parking Lot Locations and Hours
The Town of Newton offers three long-term parking lots. One short-term lot and a variety of long- and short-term parking at street meter locations are also available.
Enforcement Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
For shopping convenience we are pleased to announce that free parking is available on Spring Street from Main Street to Union Place. The free parking spaces have a one-hour maximum time limit. Lot #1 (Adams Street) offers convenient pay-to-park spaces with a ten-hour maximum time limit in the center of the business district.
Street Meter Parking Enforcement Hours
Parking regulations are enforced Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. Sundays and all recognized holidays are free.
Should you encounter a problem with a parking meter or a lot ticket vending machine, please call the Newton Police Department at (973) 383-2525. Please be sure to provide the meter location and specific problem that you have encountered.
Additional Rules and Regulations
Parking is prohibited on any street, road, or municipal parking lot within the Town between the hours of 4:00 am and 6:00 am except Sundays and public holidays.
When snow accumulates and covers any public street, road, or parking lot, vehicles are not allowed to be parked on those streets or in those parking lots until the Public Works Department has had sufficient time to plow the snow. Vehicles parked illegally on snow-covered streets or in parking lots will be ticketed and/or towed. In the interest of public safety, Newton residents are asked to abide by the above regulations following snowstorms.
Information on parking violations can be found in Chapter 307 "Vehicles and Traffic" in the Code of the Town of Newton.
- 2023 Parking Authority Budget Resolution
- 2022 Parking Authority Budget
- 2021 Parking Authority Budget
- 2020 Parking Authority Budget
- 2018 Parking Authority Budget
- 2017 Parking Authority Budget
- 2016 Parking Authority Budget
- 2015 Parking Authority Budget
- 2014 Parking Authority Budget
- 2013 Parking Authority Budget
- 2012 Parking Authority Budget
The Newton Parking Authority does not pay any vendors in excess of $17,500 in a calendar year.
- 2022 Synopsis of Audit
- 2022 Parking Authority Audit
- 2021 Synopsis of Audit
- 2021 Parking Authority Audit
- 2020 Synopsis of Audit 2020
- 2020 Parking Authority Audit
- 2019 Synopsis of Audit 2019
- 2019 Parking Authority Audit
- 2018 Synopsis of Audit
- 2018 Parking Authority Audit
- 2017 Synopsis of Audit
- 2017 Parking Authority Audit
- 2016 Synopsis of Audit
- 2016 Parking Authority Audit
- 2015 Synopsis of Audit
- 2015 Parking Authority Audit
- 2014 Synopsis of Audit
- 2014 Parking Authority Audit
- 2013 Synopsis of Audit
- 2013 Parking Authority Audit