Rain °

Go To Search
Help Center
Click to Home

Application Process
The permit application is to be accompanied by supporting documents. These documents include:

All revisions to the original plans must be submitted to the Construction Office and must clearly identify all the revised elements of the plan. Revisions may also increase the plan review time. Revisions to plan sheets previously submitted must be identified by clouding.

What Permits Do I Need?
If you are not sure what permits your project will need, please review the following list of permits.



Building Permit Required whenever a building structure, regulated by the code is erected, constructed, enlarged, altered, repaired, moved, improved, removed, converted, or demolished.
Electrical Permit Required for all residential and commercial interior and exterior electrical work.
Plumbing Permit Required for all residential and commercial interior and exterior piping. This includes all new construction as well as repair or replacement of fixtures and/or piping.
Demolition Permit Required for demolition of any structure.

Permit Application and Forms:
Permit application forms may be found at the State of New Jersey Department of Community Affairs website.

Permit application forms may also be obtained in the Construction Office on the ground floor of the Town  of Newton Municipal Building located at 39 Trinity Street, Newton, NJ or in the Hardyston Construction Department located at 149 Wheatsworth Road, Hardyston, NJ 07419.