Prior to our next Town Council, at 6:15pm we have three interviews scheduled, one for the Recreation Commission, two for the Housing Authority. The meeting will immediately follow at 7:00pm.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Lorraine's office has prepared the minutes from the July 1st Reorganization meeting for your consideration and approval.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
This is for those that wish to address the Town Council but do not plan on staying for the whole meeting. There is a note to the public on the agenda to please keep their comments to a maximum of 5 minutes. This allows ample time for all whom wish to speak and keeps the meeting moving forward. The public can speak on any matter.
COUNCIL & MANAGER REPORTS
I will provide you with an update on Spring Street.
There are three ordinances for introduction:
Ordinance 2014-14 will permit free parking on Saturdays in the five municipal parking lots.
Ordinance 2014-15 will provide for the review and approval for zoning permits from 15 days to 10 days to be in compliance with statute requirements.
Ordinance 2014-16 will adopt amendments to the Hicks Avenue Redevelopment Plan.
Resolution #139-2014 will authorize the release of executive session minutes.
If none of you have any items that you wish to pull from the Consent Agenda, the Mayor shall call for one roll call vote for all of the Consent Agenda items.
Resolution #140-2014* will award the contract for the Milling and Paving of Diller Avenue & Stuart Street, and Townsend Street to Tilcon, New York.
Resolution #141-2014* will accept the Replacement Mechanical Bar Screen Project at the Wastewater Treatment Plant as complete.
Resolution #142-2014* will award the purchase contract for a new wheel loader to Harter Equipment.
Resolution #143-2014* will concur with the recommendation of the Utility Advisory Board for the water and sewer gallonage for Julie Richard, LLC., for 4 Diller Avenue.
Resolution #144-2014* will affirm the refund of redemption monies to an outside lienholder for Block 14.04, Lot 54.
Resolution #145-2014* will confirm the refund of monies for taxes due for Block 22.04, Lot 14 as a result of a State Tax Appeal Judgment.
Resolution #146-2014* will authorize and direct the Tax Collector to hold a tax sale on municipal liens.
Resolution #147-2014* will authorize credits due water and sewer utility accounts.
Resolution #148-2014* will authorize the release of the cash performance guarantee posted by Bischoff Holdings, LLC for the Smith Street sewer connection.
Resolution #149-2014* will approve bills and vouchers for payment.
There are seven applications for your consideration:
- An Application for membership into the Newton Fire Department from Joshua H. LeMasson, 40 Fairview Avenue.
- An Application for membership into the Newton Fire Department as a Junior Fire Fighter from Dylan Detwiller, 2 Pine Street.
- An application for an on-premise raffle (Tricky Tray) from the Tri-State Actors Theater, Inc., to be held August 22nd from 6:00pm to 10:30pm at the Performing Arts Center at the College.
- An application for an on-premise raffle (50-50 & Raffle) from the Tri-State Actors Theater, Inc., to be held on August 22nd, 6:00pm to 10:30pm at the Performing Arts Center at the College.
- An application for an on-premise raffle (50-50 & Raffle) from Operation Chillout, Inc., to be held on September 13th from 11:00am to 6:00pm at the College.
- An application for an on-premise raffle (50-50 & Raffle) from the Pride Foundation, Inc., to be held September 20th, October 3rd, October 10th, October 31st, November 14th, and December 2nd at 7:00pm and December 9th at 6:00pm at the Newton High School.
- An application for an off-premise raffle (50-50 & Raffle) from St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church to be held on October 24th at 7:00om at St. Joseph’s Community Center.
a) Water and Sewer Ordinance – A draft has been shared with you on the Google Drive.
b) Run-off Election.
c) SID - Subcommittee.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
COUNCIL & MANAGER COMMENTS
THE WEEK IN REVIEW
Morris Lake was 2 ½ inch below the top of the spillway on 7.24.14.
Linda from LKM Consulting took a tour of the water and sewer facilities on Tuesday. My thanks to Joe Carr and John Madden for providing her with an in depth tour.
The Utility Advisory Board approved the water and sewer connection for the Julie Richard Project at the Moose Lodge.
Renovations are moving along on the Council Chambers. The new carpet and chairs have been installed.
Enjoy your weekend!