1. Stay indoors in air conditioning as much as possible.
2. If you go outside stay in the shade
3. If your home is not air conditioned, spend at least two hours daily at an air conditioned mall, library or other public place.
4. Wear sunscreen outside, along with loose fitting light colored clothes that cover as much skin as possible.
5. Drink water regularly even if you are not thirsty. Limit alcohol and sugary drinks which speeds dehydration.
6. Never leave children or pets alone in a car.
7. Avoid exertion during the hottest part of the day.
8. Take a cool shower or bath.
9. Be a good neighbor, check on elderly and special needs individuals in your community who may need your assistance keeping cool.